Whatever you choose to pair with spicy Chinese fare, make sure it has low tannins and low alcohol. A wine with either of those in high doses will only make the heat hotter. For this dish, pick pinot gris, an off-dry chenin blanc or a gewurztraminer on the white side. Keep your reds fruity and low in tannin.
What drink goes best with Chinese food?
But for the rest of the menu, here are some pairing suggestions from Yarrow and others.
- RIESLING. The overall go-to wine for Chinese takeout. …
- SPARKLING. Crisp and dry bubbly is another crowd-pleaser. …
- MALBEC. …
- MAI TAIS. …
- SAISON BEER. …
What red wine goes with Chinese food?
Wine for strong flavours in Chinese food
Stick to a fruitier red like a Merlot (as long as it’s low in tannins), a Syrah or Syrah blend from the New World such as this beautiful Chilean Syrah blend.
Does red or white wine go with Chinese food?
For most westerners who don’t share the Chinese reverence for red wine, white wine is a more appealing option with the sweet-sour flavours of many popular Chinese dishes though as with other meals you may want to change wines when you switch from seafood and chicken to red meat (especially beef).
What goes well with Chinese food?
20 Quick and Easy Asian Side Dishes
- Soy Sauce Fried Rice. …
- Baby Bok Choy Stir Fry. …
- Chinese Egg Drop Soup. …
- Easy Chinese Cucumber Salad. …
- Chicken Fried Rice. …
- Choy Sum with Garlic Sauce. …
- Easy Milk Bread Rolls. …
- Chinese Pickled Cucumber.
What alcohol goes with fried rice?
Great wines to drink with fried rice
- Riesling, dry or off-dry.
- Pinot Gris.
- Pinot Noir.
- Syrah / Shiraz.
- Bold, off-dry rosé
What is a good wine to serve with Chinese food?
Gamay-based wines like Beaujolais are a great choice. They’ve got low tannins, good acidity, and light body, which is ideal. Plus, the fruity, earthy, and floral flavors can stand up to a wide range of dishes. A Gamay will also be lovely with mushroom or beef-based dishes that aren’t too spicy.26 мая 2020 г.
What red wine goes well with spicy food?
A few styles to consider when matching wines with spicy food:
- Off-dry Riesling or rosé
- Grenache and Syrah/Shiraz blends.
- California Chardonnay.
- Sparkling Shiraz.
- Ripe Pinot Noir with more aromatic dishes.
What kind of wine goes with stir fry?
The deep flavors in these dishes really let fruity reds and whites shine. For a white wine try an appley Pinot Blanc or unoaked styles of Chardonnay. For reds, go for juicy, low-tannin, wines, like Beaujolais from France or California Pinot Noir.23 мая 2017 г.
Does white wine go with Chinese food?
Most of us believe that it is aromatic white wines such as Riesling and Gewürztraminer that suit Chinese food best but it depends what time of Chinese food – and dish – you’re talking about. Gewürztraminer for example can be great with duck but can easily overpower a delicate dish of scallops.
What do you eat with Pinot Grigio?
6 of the best pairings for pinot grigio
- Antipasti, especially seafood and vegetable-based ones like seafood salad or marinated fish like octopus.
- Fried fish or vegetables such as fritto misto – or even fish and chips.
- Light pasta sauces including seafood like clams, cream or fresh tomato (it’s not so good with more robust meaty sauces).
What is Chinese wine made from?
If grape wine consumption was once present in Bronze Age China, however, it was replaced by consumption of a range of alcoholic beverages made from sorghum, millet, rice, and fruits such as lychee or Asian plum.
What wine goes with soy sauce?
Wines that Pair With Soy Sauce
- A complementary way is to create a ‘salty sweet’ pairing by matching a sparkling Moscato or Brachetto d’Acqui. These wines act like plum sauce or mirin would and create a teriyaki-like flavor when paired with soy dishes.
- A congruent method for pairing would be to add more umami.
What goes with egg fried rice?
Try steamed or roasted broccoli, brussels sprouts, or green beans. Or do a quick stir fry of zucchini, onions, mushrooms, carrots etc. Season with garlic and soy sauce.
What goes with fried rice?
Some of my favorite recipes to serve with fried rice include:
- Egg Drop Soup or Hot and Sour Soup.
- 12-Minute Chicken & Broccoli.
- 20-Minute Moo Shu Pork (or Chicken)
- Beef & Broccoli.
- Thai Basil Chicken.
- Sesame Noodles with Broccoli and Almonds.
- Black Pepper Chicken.
What dessert goes with Chinese food?
14 Delicious Chinese Desserts to Complement Your Meal
- Nian Gao or Sticky Cake Rice – Chinese New Year’s Dessert. …
- Annin Tofu – Chinese Jelly Dessert. …
- Coconut Tapioca Pudding – Traditional Chinese Dessert. …
- Chinese Egg Custard Tart – The Dim Sum Preparation. …
- Fa Sung Woo or Chinese Sweet Peanut Soup – Typical Soup Item. …
- Jian Dui or Sesame Balls – Dessert Roll.