What goes with Thai curry?
Some additional ingredients to serve alongside your Thai curry include:
- Sliced bananas.
- Salted fried onions.
- Sliced eggs.
- Spring onions.
What goes well with Thai food?
If Thai cuisine is all about harmony, an off-dry Riesling is a welcome addition to the chorus. It’s almost too perfect: dynamite tropical fruit flavors with acidity and sweetness to cut the spice.
- Pinot Gris/Pinot Grigio. …
- Chenin Blanc. …
- Grenache Blanc. …
- Grüner Veltliner. …
- Sparkling Rosé …
- Pinot Noir. …
What should I serve with curry?
Curry accompaniments: the best side dishes to serve with vegan and vegetarian curries
- Flatbread. There’s nothing better than mopping up a delicious curry than with a beautifully soft and sumptuous naan. …
- Rice. …
- Samosas. …
- Salads. …
- Chutney. …
What Rice goes with Thai curry?
What are the best Thai curries?
The Ultimate Guide to Thai Curries
- Sweet Green Curry. Apart from being the hottest of all curries, the sweet green curry is delicious as it uses copious amounts of coconut milk and lime juice. …
- Red Curry. The red curry is also referred to as the “spicy curry.” The fiery dish originates from central Thailand. …
- Yellow Curry. …
- Massaman Curry. …
- Panang Curry.
What can I put in Thai curry instead of rice?
Me I prefer to throw mushrooms, cauliflower, onions, and broccoli. And eat the curry with a side of salad. Even just using the salad as the base and putting the curry on top as a sort of dressing will also work. I LOVE having mushrooms with a curry instead of rice.
What is a good side dish for Pad Thai?
Our List of Thai Side Dishes
- Vegetarian Stir-fried Eggplant with Sweet Basil. Vegetarian Stir-fried Eggplant with Sweet Basil ► (Pad Makua Yao) …
- Sweet and Sour Eggs. Sweet and Sour Eggs ► (Kai Look Kuey) …
- Fried Rice with Green Curry. Fried Rice with Green Curry ► (Khao Pad Kaeng Kiew Waan)
Which Thai curry is the spiciest?
What drink goes with Thai green curry?
An off-dry riesling or pinot gris ought to work with this dish – sweetness always helps when chilli is involved. However, I’ve trialled many wines over the years and always come back to the same conclusion: sauvignon blanc from New Zealand or Chile.
What drink goes well with curry?
Yes, chardonnay! Particularly fruity styles or blends with grapes such as semillon, chenin and colombard. Good with mild, creamy or buttery curries, especially with chicken. (Viognier is good with this sort of curry too.)
What Rice do you eat with curry?
basmati rice recipe
What flavors go well with curry?
Flavors of curry
Turmeric, cumin, chilies (red or green) and ginger are essential ingredients in many curries, but coriander, fenugreek, mustard, pepper, cinnamon, clove, cardamom and nutmeg can be just as vital, along with fresh aromatics such as garlic, onion, cilantro, lemongrass, lime and lemon to name but a few.
What Rice is served with Thai food?
What Rice is used in Thai food?
How fattening is Thai food?
Thai curries are usually made with a hefty dose of coconut milk, and that won’t do your diet any favors. One cup of the creamy milk packs in 400 calories. It also has 36 grams of saturated fat — more than three times the recommended daily amount. For a healthier dish, order the grilled or barbecued curry chicken.